You were recently surveyed on the terms of our pay claim for 2023. The results are in and Unite’s demands are listed below.
Unite’s pay claim for 2023 is below. This will be put to Unison and GMB, so we can agree what the unions’ pay claim to put to COSLA will be.
Unite calls for:
- A one-year settlement that runs from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024
- RPI + 2% or £5,000 whichever is the greater
- All pay rises calculated on a 35 hour working week
- Parity with NHS mileage @ 61p per mile
- Continue to explore the reduction of working week with no financial or holiday detriment
- Re-open negotiations if another local government bargaining group—such as the teachers—gets a greater pay offer
- No compulsory redundancy guarantee for the term of the agreement
Members have stated hat COSLA and Scottish Government should ensure:
- 2023 pay talks should take place quickly and meaningfully
- settlement and implementation should be on 1 April 2023.
Get ballot ready
We need your correct details—address, contact details, workplace and job title. Without these we risk not meeting the 50% turnout threshold.
Update your details using MyUnite or calling the office on 0131 556 9676 to make sure you can have your say on pay.