Postal ballots are being sent to all Unite members on Monday 27th March and the election period will end on 25th April. You will receive, along with your ballot paper and pre-paid envelope, a booklet containing a full list of candidates, their statements and branch nominations
All members are urged to vote in this election to decide who runs our union.
There are over 70 seats on our executive committee and you will be able to vote for Territorial reps (Scotland), Sectoral reps (mostly Local Authorities but some can vote in other sectors like construction) and equalities reps (Young members, LGBTQ+, Disabled members, Ethnic Minority members).
Brian is standing for Workers, Public Service and Decency in the economy. We ask you to vote for someone you can talk to and you can hold to account. If you want to learn more about Brian’s views check out his blog.
There is a powerful contingent from Scotland and our Public Sector seeking to ensure our union is effectively run for the good of our members:
- Sylvia Stewart (NHS) seeking election as Territorial rep
- Eddie Cassidy (Glasgow City Council) seeking election as Territorial rep
- Jenny Douglas (Dundee City Council) seeking election as LGBTQ+ rep
- Carolanne Watson (Finance) seeking election as Finance and Legal rep
- Brian Robertson (City of Edinburgh Council) seeking election as Local Authorities’ rep
If you wish to have more information on this election the members first website has information that may help you decide. Alternatively, you may contact branch rep Marilyn Moore on 07388928540 to ask any questions and discuss the issues important to you.