Today (1 April), Unite and the other Scottish Joint Council (SJC) trade unions—Unison and GMB—sent a letter to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon on the response to the coronavirus.
The letter calls for the Scottish Government to address issues around
- co-ordination from COSLA for a national response to the pandemic
- clarity on who is a key worker
- a national agreement on arrangements for waste collection
- workers’ ability to comply with social distancing
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- mental health support for local government workers.
Get all our information on coronavirus at unitececbranch.org/coronavirus