Unions call for £15 per hour minimum rate and a pay rise of 12% or £4,000
On 26 January, the Scottish Joint Council (SJC – Unite, Unison and GMB) submitted its pay claim for local government workers to COSLA.
The pay claim is
- a minimum rate of pay of £15 per hour
- an increase of 12% or £4,000, whichever is greater,
- pay based on a 35-hour week
- no less than parity with other local government bargaining groups, such as teachers
- expectation to implement the pay away by 1 April.
Other aspects include
- mileage rates increased to bring in line with NHS colleagues
- a no compulsory redundancy agreement
- completion of the review of professional fees
- completion of the review on the reduction of the working week, without reduction of pay.
Get ballot ready
We will ballot members as part of the pay negotiations, to see if you accept tabled offers and to see if you will take industrial action to get better offers. We can’t do this effectively if we don’t have your correct workplace and contact details.
Use MyUnite or call 0131 556 9676 to make sure we have your
- phone number
- job title
- workplace location.