In the recent pay survey, Unite members gave the below proposals for the forthcoming pay claim.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Unite believes that councils, elected representatives and communities can see the value of local government workers and the importance of rewarding them appropriately for their commitment before and during the pandemic.
- 6% or £1,800 whichever is the greater
- increase applied to all payments, allowances, and bonuses
- all professional costs associated with the role to be met by employer
- 2 extra days annual leave a year
- eduction in working week with no financial or holiday detriment
- re-open negotiations if the pay offer of another local government bargaining group—such as craft employees or teachers—is greater.
Unite will be meeting with our sister unions to develop a joint pay claim to present to COSLA later this year.