Vote now for a fair pay deal!
Unite have issued the email ballot for you to have your say on the pay award.
Submit your vote as soon as you can and let us know if you haven’t received the email. The email subject is Local Authorities Pay Ballot 2021.
We recommend our members REJECT the offer.
Deadline is 22 April.
- A settlement that runs for the period 1 April to 31 March 2022
- An £800 flat rate payment based on a 37 hour working week for those earning up to £25,000; or
- 2% for those earning between £25,000 and £40,000; or
- 1% for those earning up to £80,000
- An underpinning minimum rate of £9.75 per hour
- All nationally negotiated allowances uplifted by 2% but excluding First Aid Allowance
- Remain committed to parity of award across all bargaining groups but cannot guarantee
- Agreed to explore all professional costs associated with the role to be met by the employer
- Agreed to explore a commitment to exploring ways in which to achieve a no- detriment reduction in the working week.
The unions’ proposal
- A settlement that runs for the period 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
- A £2,000 flat rate increase to all spinal column points, or 6%, whichever is greater (based on a 37 hour working week).
- An underpinning minimum rate of pay of £10.50 per hour.
- A separate, additional payment towards pay restoration.
- An equivalent percentage or, the median paid where the base salary increase is paid as a flat rate, uprating of all allowances.
- No less than parity with other local government bargaining groups.
- All professional costs associated with the role to be met by the employer.
- A commitment to exploring ways in which to achieve a no-detriment reduction in the working week.
- An assessment of the pay gap against all protected characteristics