Unite have created a great tool to help you contact the election candidates in your area to ask if they support Unite’s care manifesto. Using your postcode, the tool automatically finds your candidates and lets you email them all, with Unite’s email template, in one go.
Contact your candidates today.
The manifesto’s five demands are:
- A properly funded and publicly owned National Care Service which involves participation from the trade unions and local government.
- A minimum of £15 an hour for all social care workers.
- A minimum floor of terms and conditions for all social care workers which includes two 30 mins paid rest breaks, access to enhanced sick pay and consistent provision of pensions.
- The establishment of collective bargaining in all areas of social care services including the third sector and private sector.
- The Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) registration fee to be fully funded by the Scottish Government.
One thought on “Do your election candidates support Unite’s care manifesto?”
A national care service should be fully public, pay the living wage and recognise all relevant trade unions in national bargaining arrangements.