Vote now for a fair pay deal!
Photo by Element5 Digital on Unsplash
Unite have issued the email ballot for you to have your say on the pay award.
Submit your vote as soon as you can and let us know if you haven’t received the email. The email subject is Local Authorities Pay Ballot 2021.
We recommend our members REJECT the offer.
Deadline is 22 April.
Continue reading “Pay ballot out now”
Unite have created a great tool to help you contact the election candidates in your area to ask if they support Unite’s care manifesto. Using your postcode, the tool automatically finds your candidates and lets you email them all, with Unite’s email template, in one go.
Contact your candidates today.
The manifesto’s five demands are:
- A properly funded and publicly owned National Care Service which involves participation from the trade unions and local government.
- A minimum of £15 an hour for all social care workers.
- A minimum floor of terms and conditions for all social care workers which includes two 30 mins paid rest breaks, access to enhanced sick pay and consistent provision of pensions.
- The establishment of collective bargaining in all areas of social care services including the third sector and private sector.
- The Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) registration fee to be fully funded by the Scottish Government.
The Morning Star is running a programme of events entitled our class and our culture featuring a range of topics and speakers from across Scotland.
All these events are organized free of charge but we ask that those attending support and read the Morning Star, the only daily paper committed to defending the trade union and labour movement.
All events take place on Tuesdays at 7pm on Zoom.
Continue reading “‘Our class and our culture’ events—Morning Star Scotland”